Watkins All Natural Skin Care Products!
Watkins uses renewable, plentiful ingredients from mother earth to provide you with a luxurious line of all natural skin care products that are free of chemicals that may pose a risk to your health. This is great news especially if you are one of the growing number of people who are concerned not only about what you put in, but what you put on your body. Discover JR Watkins natural apothecary products such as:
Order your natural skin care products in the online catalog.
Why Use Natural Skin Care Products?
The next time you're applying some lotion or putting on your make up, turn one of those bottles around and read the ingredients label. You'll probably find a whole bunch of words that you can't identify, and you probably can't pronounce them either! Most people think that ingredients have to be safe and helpful to be included in personal care and beauty products, however there are very little regulations in this area. So how do you look great without endangering yourself and your skin? Try all natural skin care products for a safer way to look your best.
Did you know that it is estimated that up to 60 percent of the products you put on your skin are absorbed and eventually reach your bloodstream? This is a scary statistic when you consider that most traditional beauty products contain chemicals that are not only toxic to humans, but many may are also be carcinogens. With regular use, your body absorbs these artificial additives which can adversely effect your over all health. Traditional products fill your skin cells with these chemicals, which prevents them from operating at their best and therefore prevents them from looking their best. By choosing to use natural products, you can help reduce the risk of this occurring.
How Do You Know A Skin Care Product Is Really Natural?
Keep in mind, just because a beauty product says it's natural or organic, doesn't mean it has all natural ingredients. Since there aren't any rules or regulations on natural beauty products, many products labeled "natural" will contain only one or two natural ingredients and all the same dangerous chemicals that traditional products have. This is where Watkins is different, our Natural Freedom Code assures you that our products contain 95% or more natural ingredients. There are now several organizations that certify natural body products, many JR Watkins Natural Apothecary Products are Certified By the Natural Products Association, with more being certified soon. One way you can be certain all the ingredients are natural is to look at the label. Some ingredients you'll want to avoid are:
Watkins commitment to our Natural Freedom Code means you won't find any of these above ingredients in Watkins natural skin care product line.
Learn about the differences and uses for Watkins lotions, creams, body butters, and body oils here.
- 1, 4 Dioxane: This chemical appears as an accidental byproduct of ethoxylation and can contaminate personal care products.
- Acrylates: A strong irritant that is used as a thickening agent.
- Diethanolamine (DEA) / Triethanolamine (TEA): DEA and TEA are chemicals commonly used in cleansers, hair color, moisturizers and creams. These compounds can react with other nitrites during manufacturing or while sitting on the shelf. This reaction leads to the formation of nitrosamines, which are potential carcinogens.
- Formaldehyde: This is an inexpensive preservative and disinfectant that is found in thousands of cosmetics and personal care products. It is a strong skin irritant that is known to cause eye, throat and nose irritation as well as skin rashes, headaches and dizziness. This ingredient is also a suspected carcinogen and has proven to be a carcinogen in animals.
- Parabens: Parabens (Methyl, Propyl, Butyl and Ethyl) are chemical preservatives that are used to inhibit microbial growth which extends the shelf life of a product. Found in numerous products like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, cleansers etc. These ingredients are known to cause allergic reactions, skin rashes and be toxic.
- Phthalates: Sometimes used in fragrances as a carrier to blend liquids and oils, this chemical compound is also used to increase the flexibility in plastic. Known to also be an irritant and carcinogen.
- Propylene Glycol: This synthetic ingredient is made from nonrenewable fossil fuels and is used in personal care products as a humectant. Propylene Glycol is known to be a skin and eye irritant, causing allergic reactions and acne. Propylene Glycol is also used in anti-freeze, brake fluid, paints and detergents.
- Sulfates (Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate): This detergent, degreaser and emulsifier is used in numerous personal care products and is considered one of the more dangerous. SLS can react with DEA and TEA to form the carcinogen, nitrosamine. This harsh skin irritant strips skins natural moisture and can penetrate eyes and tissue, making it especially harmful to infants and children. Used in strong concentration, SLS is will degrease motors and clean garage floors.
- Talc: This soft mineral can often be contaminated with asbestos which has been linked to ovarian and lung cancers and is used in numerous cosmetics.
Watkins The Better Choice
Besides being better for your skin, Watkins natural skin care products are better for your health, for the environment, and Watkins doesn't use animal testing either. Using all natural products are just a better all around choice.
Shop for your natural skin care in the Watkins online catalog
If you found this page helpful please feel free to email it to a friend. To easily find it again, add it to your favorites or
Note: Your customer account # and State/Province is optional, entering them will simply enable us to provide you with better service.
We care about and respect your privacy.