Watkins Linimax For Your Joint Pain Relief
Can you predict cold, rainy weather more accurately than your local meteorologist simply by the level of joint pain you experience? If so, your forecast just got brighter with this natural joint pain relief. A study just published in the British Medical Journal found that nearly 90%
of patients taking glucosamine supplements for 12 weeks found significant relief from chronic knee pain. Doctors believe that breakdown of cartilage is a major cause of knee pain. Glucosamine, a substance found naturally in the body, appears to stimulate the production of cartilage, which scientists believe may be responsible for the reduction in joint pain and stiffness. Watkins Linimax™, a source of glucosamine, boswellia, curcumin, ginger and whole grape extract will help to keep you active and feeling great! It is available from the Watkins US store, or the Watkins Canadian store along with time-tested Liniments, Salves, Ointments and Balms which provide temporary relief for your aches and pains.
Brenda Koth, MS, RD
Exercises Ideas For Joint Pain Relief
There are certain conditions many people suffer from that make physical activity difficult and one of those is joint pain. Movement is restricted, but if you suffer from any type of joint pain don't be discouraged. Exercise doesn't have to be cut out of your daily regimen and it's actually benefitial.
There are several types of joint pain, arthritis being the most common as your joints get stiff and inflamed. Every time you move your fingers, bend your knees, bend or straighten your arms, the pain can be excruciating. Doing the things you love is tough enough without adding exercise to the equation. But, exercise is not your enemy.
There are many treatments for joint pain, including pain medicines and dietary supplements such as Linimax may reduce pain and allow for easier movement in the joint. Exercise will also help increase the strength in your joints for a stronger body. Here are some suggestions:
- Walking burns calories and stretches your body. Some joint pain sufferers have weight issues and walking can get that weight off to lessen the pressure on your joints as you strengthen them. Walk with comfortable shoes on even terrain such at the mall, walking paths, tracks or on a treadmill. Avoid walking on rocky or uneven ground which can do more harm than good, because you can fall or twist an ankle.
- Weight training. This exercise increases your muscle mass and strength which is good for maintaining overal health. Muscles attach to bones and aid in the movement of your joints.
- Riding a bicycle provides a relaxing way to exercise. This low impact exercise makes your legs go through the full range of motion as you pedal. Make sure to adjust your bike seat so that you aren't leaning over too much and hurting your back and also so your legs get a full stretch.
- Dance your pain away. Dance around your living room or take dancing classes like salsa, ballroom dancing, foxtrot and others that are less demanding. Dancing is fun and it provides full range of motion of your arms and legs. Since it is a combination of stretching and strengthening it keeps all of your joints in motion which helps with pain management.
- Aerobics, but only for those who can participate in impact sports can strengthen their bones. This is good for women who are prone to osteoporosis as strong bones strengthen your joints. Play a game of basketball or take an aerobics class. Remember to work at your own pace and with time you will see and feel the benefits of your efforts.
If you suffer from joint pain and are limited in what you can do, try exercise as a natural joint pain relief, it can help. Moving your body will increase your flexibility, strength and help you lose some excess weight, which puts extra stress on your joints.
Watkins Liniments, Salves, Ointments and Balms may provide temporary natural relief for your aches and pains *, you'll find them as well as dietary supplement such as Linimax in the Watkins US store, or the Watkins Canadian store.
Did you find this article helpful? If so please
tell a friend and feel free to add this page to your bookmarks or favorites:
Thanks for sharing!
Note: Your customer account # and State/Province is optional, entering them will simply enable us to provide you with better service.
We care and respect your privacy. You'll recieve Watkins-News with current product specials and new products once a month.
*As with all dietary supplements, ask your health care provider if glucosamine is right for you. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires the following statement: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. In Canada, this information is provided for educational purposes only. No claims are being made for any product.